NEW HANOVER TOWNSHIP WEBSITE
The Township of Hanover will go live with their new website on 2/11/19. Visit the website. The new website is both interactive and allows you far greater knowledge of what's happening in our organizations and our community.
HOME SAFETY INFORMATION
Please visit our Helpful Links Section to view new Fire and Home Safety Links. Our Thanks to Lisa Gonzalez of EldersCorps.Org for sharing this information!
NEW EMERGENCY NOTIFICATIONS SYSTEM
AlertMorris has been rolled out by the Hanover Township Office of Emergency Management (OEM) and the Morris County OEM. AlertMorris works to better inform a dispatcher as to your particular information during an emergency call, information that you might not be able to give under duress. AlertMorris also serves as a notification system to you for potential weather, power and other emergencies. Visit morriscountynj.gov/about/municipalities to begin your registration.
CARBON MONOXIDE ALARMS
We are coming into that time of year where Furnaces are being used more frequently. If you have any Propane of Natural Gas Fired appliances in your home, or if you use a wood stove or fireplace, you should be acutely aware of Carbon Monoxide. You should have a Carbon Monoxide Detector installed in your home and should understand its use and what to do in the event of an Alarm. Any time a Carbon Monoxide Alarm alerts, it is should be viewed as an indication of Carbon Monoxide (CO). Co is an odorless gas, known as a silent killer. If your alarm goes off Call 9-1-1 immediately. Get everyone out of the house and into a safe environment. Fire personnel will check your home for the presence of CO utilizing specialized meters. Please visit FEMA's site for more information. For non-emergent questions please don't hesitate to call us at (973) 267-5659 Extension 179.
PORTABLE GENERATOR SAFETY
We are approaching that time of the year where power outages might normally be expected. If you are thinking about using a portable generator for electricity during such an event, please take a moment to read the Red Cross paperwork on generators. As always, if you have any questions at all regarding safe operations, and we can assist, please call the Fire Station at (973) 267-5659. If you have any concern, or think you have been or are being exposed to Carbon Monoxide, please call 9-1-1 immediately. Please stay safe always.
Portable Generator Usage
BECOME A VOLUNTEER
To become a Volunteer Firefighter, Junior Firefighter or Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), or Junior EMT, or an EMS Driver, please visit the sites below.
Fire District No. 2 (Whippany)
Fire District No. 3 (Cedar Knolls)
Not from our area but still want to volunteer in emergency services? Visit makemeafirefighter.org to see what is available in your own community.
Video from Fox News on "National Shortage of Volunteer Firefighters"